Batam Island - Indonesia
Other Indonesian locations
|Batam Island or
Pulau Batam is part of the Riau Province of
Sumatra though it is closer to Singapore, just a 45 minute ferry ride.
Both the Airport and the Ferry ports in Batam offer Visa on Arrival.
Arriving by Plane
Batam's airport - Hang Nadim International Airport is 20 minutes away from the main town Nagoya in Batam. It is a fixed price of 90,000Rp for the taxi ride.
Although named an International airport the international destinations are limited to Kuala Lumpur and Johor Baru in Malaysia. Majority of the flights are internal domestic flights within Indonesia.
Mandala Air has direct flights to Padang, Medan from Batam, www.mandalaair.com
Last updated 24th July 2009
Batam Centre Ferry Port
Batam has several Ferry ports, the main ones being Batam Centre and Sekupang. There is no departure tax leaving the ferry ports in Batam.
Ferries can be caught to Batam from Singapore, Johor Baru in Malaysia, Dumai and Medan in Sumatra.
Batam to Singapore
Batam Fast have regular ferries leaving from Singapore's Harbourfront Ferry Terminal going to BatamCentre, Batam Sekepang and Batam Waterfont Ferry Terminal. They also have ferries leaving from Singapore's Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal going to Batam's Nongsapura Ferry Terminal. Prices from S$23 Adult One Way. www.batamfast.com/schedule.html
Batam to Johor Baru Malaysia
There are ferries every hour running between ZON Ferry Terminal in Johor Baru Malaysia and Batam. Prices are RM69 one way or RM110 return for adults and childrens prices are RM46 one way or RM69 return plus RM8 per person in taxes. For a time table of departure times check out www.zon.com.my/ferry.html
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Walkabout Indonesia
Other Travel Websites by same author:
Sumatra * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Moderate Hotels
* Sydney Budget Hotels * Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide
* Brisbane Travel Guide * Brisbane Restaurant Guide * Brisbane Budget Hotels
* Melbourne Travel Guide * Melbourne Restaurant Guide