Pulau Menjangan - Bali Travel Guide
Island * Snorkeling * Scuba diving * Coral reef * Tropical marine life
Places of Interest in Bali
Other Indonesian locations
Pulau Menjangan or Menjangan Island, meaning Deer Island, is located of the north coast of Bali facing Java and is part of the West Bali (Bali Barat) National Park. On a clear day you can see across to Java.
There is great snorkeling and scuba diving off the coast of this small island, some of the best in the Indonesian archipelago, with visibility up to 50 meters. Some good quality coral reef as well as marine life including sea turtles, reef sharks, sting rays and a variety of tropical fish.
Day trips to Pulau Menjangan can be organised from Lovina. The trip is about 2 hours there, then a boat trip out the island for 3 - 4 hours of some great snorkeling or diving, including lunch on the boat and then back to Lovina in time for dinner.
There are also some accommodation close to Menjangan Island, on the mainland of Bali if you are interested in staying for extending diving or snorkeling.
There is no accommodation on Menjangan Island though the mainland is only a short boat trip out to some good diving and snorkeling locations.
Mimpi Resort is situated looking over the lagoon where boats leave to transport divers to Menjangan Island. With hotel style rooms from US$95 or villas from US$195. They can arrange dive trips with all equipment included. www.mimpi.com
View from the restaurant at Mimpi Resort
Aneka Bagus Resort with 60 rooms with thatched roofs, 39 standard rooms, 5 individual villas, 9 junior suites and 3 family suites. Prices from US$37 per night. www.anekahotels.com
Taman Sari Bali Cottages located on Pemuteran Beach not far from Menjangan Island. Prices from US$42 per night. www.balitamansari.com
Amertha Bali Villas and Spa located at Pemuteran Beach. Prices from US$75 per night. www.amerthabalivillas.com
Menjangan Jungle & Beach Resort prices from US$55 up to US$210 including breakfast. Can arrange transfers to Menjangan Island for diving trips.
Waka Shorea Resort prices from US$166.50 per night. www.wakashorearesort-bali.com
Novus Gawana Resort and Spa located on Menjangan Bay close to the West Bali National Park. Room rates from US$180. www.novusgawana.com
Last updated 20th June 2009
Menjangan Island is located off the coast of Bali at Labuhan Lalang where there is a wharf for boats across to the island.
Not far from Labuhan Lalang is Banyuwedang Hot Springs where you can stop for some therapeutic bathing.
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Walkabout Indonesia
Other Travel Websites by same author:
Sumatra Travel Guide * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Malaysia Travel Guide * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
* Singapore Travel Guide * Chinatown Singapore * Newton Circus * Orchard Rd Singapore * Clarke Quay * Boat Quay * Little India Singapore
Australia Travel Guide * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Moderate Hotels
* Sydney Budget Hotels * Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide
* Brisbane Travel Guide * Brisbane Restaurant Guide * Brisbane Budget Hotels
* Melbourne Travel Guide * Melbourne Restaurant Guide
* Adelaide Travel Guide * Adelaide Hotel Guide * Adelaide Restaurant Guide