Sampit - Central Kalimantan
Places to vist in Central Kalimantan
Places of Interest in Kalimantan
Other Indonesian locations
Sampit is a relatively large town in Central Kalimantan.
It is a lot larger and much more interesting than the capital city of
Sampit is a great place to stop and break up the trip between Palangkalanbun and Banjarmasin (16 hour trip).
Buses to Pangkalanbun can be caught from the bus terminal. Buses will take around 6 hours and cost 60,000Rp for executive (air conditioned or 45,000Rp for economy.
For 80,000Rp you can arrange a Kijang, a four wheel drive car which will take around 5 hours to Pangkalanbun.
Buses to Palangkaraya will take around 5 hours and cost 60,000Rp for executive or 45,000Rp for economy.
Flights to Sampit
Merpati Air have direct flights from Sampit to Denpasar Bali, Jakarta and Surabaya. www.merpati.co.id
Last updated 11th November 2009
Hotels in Sampit
The following is a list of hotels with current prices 2009, contact details and reviews from other travelers:
Losmen Ridho is backpacker style accommodation close to Hotel Idola and the bus terminal. Prices 30,000Rp per person. For picture and contact details click here.
Hotel Wijaya Kusuma 2 is a budget hotel in central Sampit. Prices from 30,000Rp. For picture, prices and contact details click here.
Hotel Permata Indah is a budget hotel located a few minutes walk from the centre of Sampit. Prices start from 75,000Rp. For picture, prices and contact details click here.
Hotel Borneo Putri is a budget hotel located in the centre of Sampit. Prices starting from 80,000Rp. For picture, prices and contact details click here.
Mulia Hotel. Located in the main part of Sampit. Prices from 121,000Rp per night. For picture, prices and contact details click here.
Meridian Hotel. Located in the main part of Sampit. Prices from 121,000Rp per night. For picture, prices and contact details click here.
Hotel Idola (2 reviews) one of newest hotels in Kalimantan with 59 various rooms, 24 hour restaurant and cafe, private room Karaoke, meeting rooms, business centre with WiFi wireless internet access. Room rates start from 400,000Rp per nightFor pictures, prices and contact details click here.
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
íŽ2009 Walkabout Indonesia
Other Travel Websites by same author:
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
Sumatra Travel Guide * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Malaysia Travel Guide * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
* Singapore Travel Guide * Chinatown Singapore * Newton Circus * Orchard Rd Singapore * Clarke Quay * Boat Quay * Little India Singapore
Australia Travel Guide * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Moderate Hotels
* Sydney Budget Hotels * Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide
* Brisbane Travel Guide * Brisbane Restaurant Guide * Brisbane Budget Hotels
* Melbourne Travel Guide * Melbourne Restaurant Guide
* Adelaide Travel Guide * Adelaide Hotel Guide * Adelaide Restaurant Guide